Friday, January 29, 2010

Noise

"What quality exsist in these transactions,"



Over the past few days I have engaged in conversations using my cell phone and over facebook. I would consider these conversations a quick way to send a message, rather than having a in depth conversation. I enjoy texting and messaging on facebook as much as every other college student, but when I really want to catch up with a close friend I'd rather do it in person or over the phone. I enjoy having the personal contact with them and seeing facial expressions and such.



"Noise"



After reading the passage "Noise" in Culture Jam, I noticed that my everyday life consists of a great deal of noise. When I really thought about the noise around me, I heard things I would of never heard before. I noticed all the little "White" noise, that most people tune out. I heard the soft noise from the air vents and even the whistle of the wind blowing. Then came the more obvious noises, such as cell phones and the television. With the amount of noise we experience on an everyday basis I can understand why we tend to develop hearing problems later in life.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah I agree with that there is noise everywhere, it is hard to find somewhere where there is no noise just peace and quiet. Now that everyone is used to noise being present all the time, then most people probably can't function in complete silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with your thoughts on noise. i often tend to put people in my background noise and not hear what they say. i feel that people feel uncomfortable in silence, many times we use the term "awkward silence".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice that a lot of people depend on noise too, my roommate for example can't fall asleep last night if there isn't some kind of noise like the TV or music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true and when i began talking to my friends about it..all of them walk around with headphones on which also prevents people from interacting on a daily basis because they can't here you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I like to play a game of counting how many people are wearing headphones or talking on their cell phones as I walk across campus....you'd be surprised...then again, maybe you wouldn't be. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete