Friday, February 12, 2010

Dumb Generation

I know it might be insulting to say that we are the dumbest generation but I honestly think its true. With the new advancements in technology, everything is handed to us without even using our brain. The internet is the power house of all of our answers. If you need to read a book and write a report on it, you easily can get online and get a book summary and bullshit the report. My parents told me that when they were in college they had to research using textbooks and it took them several weeks to write a research paper. I think that since my parents had to do actual work and reasearch without the internet they became more educated.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah computers have replaced books in today’s school work. This is my second semester at ship and last week was the first time I rented a book from the library, and I had to ask my roommate if u check the books out at the same place you get laptops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES I AGREE..ITS SOMETHING HOW WE ARE SO DEPENDENT ON TECHNOLOGY AND I SAY WE CAUSE I INCLUDE MYSELF BECAUSE IAM JUST AS GUILTY SOMETIMES WHEN DOING HOMEWORK AND THERE IS A QUESTION THAT I AM CLUELSS ABOUT I JUST GOOGLE IT OR GO TO ASK JEEVES..WHEN I COULD JUST RESEARCH IT AND FIND THE ANSWER BY READING MORE..YOU KNOW??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel we might be lacking some knowledge in things that older generations had to do to gather information, but we as a generation are very knowledgable in the technology department. I feel we are very smart with electronics, but its just disappointing that our knowledge in other things are in decline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i disagree with this, i think that saying that we are the dumbest generation is totally wrong because there are so many different areas of intelligence and everyone is better and more educated in certian areas then others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with some aspects of this but I dont necessarily think we are the dumbest generation, but I do think we are the laziest. I feel that we are just as much educateed as our parents were we just get the information handed to us rather than finding it for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete