Friday, February 19, 2010

Feed

I thought that I wasn't going to enjoy reading the book Feed but it actually was an interesting book. It brought up some issues that could possibly effect us in the future. The first couple of pages were hard getting used to because of the slang that was used. After getting into it the slang became easier to understand. The feed in the book creates a huge controversy. Some people believe that the feed has taken over people's minds and their indivduality. In the novel they also discuss the environmental changes. The earth has completely changed. Every house has its own little bubble with it's own sun and seasons. This protrays that we will have troubles with our Ozone layer and the oxygen provided. I thought this book was very interesting and it opened my eyes to what the future may hold.

6 comments:

  1. The futuristic slang is hard to follow; I am not that fair in the book, but making progress. You can see in this novel that in the future no one listened to Kalle Lasn's warning in culture jam because now they have the media in there heads, that they can never escape from

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I didn't think that Feed was going to be a very good book when I first started reading it. It was hard getting used to the slang that was used. I feel the author is trying to make us aware of what could possibly happen to us and the earth if we keep relying on technology for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I did like reading this book. It was kind of weird, but interesting. The book also does discuss some enviormental issues we might run into down the road. Another thing the book discussed that I think might happen is that technology could start controling us and not us controling it. Having the technology to determine what were going to do throughout the day and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually ended up liking this book alot too. I thought it was very interesting, and maybe even foreshadowing. The things that happen, are all things that I could see happening in the future, as much as I do not want to admit it, or want it to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah i agree that there is a lot of controversy. if we were to get a feed we would all stop thinking similarly and not be able to think for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes getting in to the book was kind of weird because how he started it it was as if the reader was in the present day of his book and that the reader knew all the things that were going on..it took me sometime and as i was reading i wrote so many question marks and "what does this mean" and "huh" it was terrible. but im glad i did that beacuse as i kept reading i was able to answer those questions.

    ReplyDelete